Welcome to Sea of Glass- a blog about hunting glass treasures...

Bookmark us as a favorite! glasstracker.blogspot.com

Welcome! This is a blog about the modern day treasure hunt... When the waves are flat, and the air is cold, I am usually in pursuit of glass treasures... Call me a digger, a glass-tracker, or a modern-day archaeologist. Whatever the title, for this pirate it's all about the hunt. Whether it's scouring various beaches for ocean tumbled sea glass and historical trinkets or digging for bottles and native american artifacts, I will be sure to post my adventures here. You can also purchase my finds at my online store: www.seaofglass.etsy.com

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Recent Dig Finds

Just figured I'd post some photos of my more memorable dig finds of the past couple months.
Sanford's inkwell on left, lavender inkwell on right.
Both circa 1880s-1890s.
From Left: "The Media DRUG COMPANY" medicinal, circa 1890s.
"Peacock's PURITY PHARMACY CTN, ERIE & BROAD" medicinal, circa 1890s.
"Troth" medicinal, circa 1890s.
"VANBUSKIRK'S FRAGRANT SOZODONT FOR THE TEETH AND BREATH" MEDICINAL, circa 1890s.
"SCOTT'S EMULSION COD LIVER OIL WITH LIME & SODA" medicinal, circa 1880s-1890s.
"DELAVAU'S SYRUP WHOOPING COUGH-CROUP, PHILADELPHIA" medicinal with cork inside, circa 1870s-1880s.
"PISO'S PISO CO. WARREN, PA. USA" medicinal, circa 1890s.


"CUMMINGS PHILADA" (Philadelphia) Hutchinson BlobTop Soda Bottle, circa 1870s-1880s.

Applied FlatLip Liquor Bottle with cork, circa 1860s-1880s
"D.B." Hand-Blown Soda Bottles, circa 1891-1893 (dates are on the bottoms).
I find one of these every time I dig at "The Sweet Spot".  I'm hoping to find two more for a complete 6-pack.


2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    We have a question regarding your Scott's Emulsion bottles. Would you please tell us where you got the dates? We have a similar bottle and would like a reference for our report.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete