Welcome to Sea of Glass- a blog about hunting glass treasures...

Bookmark us as a favorite! glasstracker.blogspot.com

Welcome! This is a blog about the modern day treasure hunt... When the waves are flat, and the air is cold, I am usually in pursuit of glass treasures... Call me a digger, a glass-tracker, or a modern-day archaeologist. Whatever the title, for this pirate it's all about the hunt. Whether it's scouring various beaches for ocean tumbled sea glass and historical trinkets or digging for bottles and native american artifacts, I will be sure to post my adventures here. You can also purchase my finds at my online store: www.seaofglass.etsy.com

Monday, March 7, 2011

GlassTracker.blogspot.com Nominated 4 Liebster Award




A fellow blogger, BostonSeaGlass, has nominated my blog for a Liebster Award! This is an award whose purpose is to highlight smaller blogs with 300 or less followers.  Thanks BostonSeaGlass! 

So here's how it works:
1. Once you have been tagged (and want to accept) create a post on your blog and add the Liebster Award Banner above.
2. Link back to the person who tagged you and say you accept.
3. Choose 3-5 of your favorite blogs, link them in your post as well and let them know that they have been chosen.  (The aim is to bring unknown blogs to light... Blogs with less than 50 followers is ideal, so please don't tag someone with 3000 followers!)

Here are my blog choices:
1. Thanks again for the nomination BostonSeaGlass!!! My wife creates handcrafted sea glass jewelry from some of the specimens that we find.  We want to give props to BostonSeaGlass- from one sea glass jewelry maker to another.  She does fine work, and she's from Boston- one of our favorite parts of the Northeast!  Check out her blog and her ETSY shop!
2. Bottle diggers are always sharing secrets- digging secrets that is...  However, sharing location secrets is taboo.  A great blog for digging secrets is: 19thCenturyBottleDiggers.com.  I have learned a bunch about the hows of bottle digging, and they always have new stories and pictures posted...  Just reading this blog makes me want to get out and dig!
3. An awesome blog all about treasure hunting in New Jersey and New York: TreasureTroveGold.  Always updated with great stories and pictures too...
4.  Another great sea glass hunting/ jewelry blog: CreationsByRobinSeaGlass.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, my name is Ronny and I was interested in learning more about the BELL-ANS bottles you have on the ETSY site. Do you know what came in these bottles - I too have the smaller bottle and was just curious. My email is miller4796@bellsouth.net or the aim address listed as my profile. Thank you for any info you might be able to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bell-Ans was a product from the early 1900s. They were pills for indigestion- taken orally or dissolved in a beverage. Here is a link to an ad for Bell-Ans:
    http://theoldentimes.com/bell-ans_indigestion.html

    ReplyDelete